Kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu…
Through our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu program, kids will have their mind, body and spirit challenged. Though our classes are definitely open to kids of all faiths and beliefs, we have a biblical foundation for what we teach and our kids and teens will develop not only the physical skills of jiu jitsu, but also life and social skills from a biblical perspective. Classes consist of physical exercises, self defense techniques, educational games, and biblical encouragement that will increase: self-esteem, personal achievement, courage, confidence, discipline, respect, awareness, academic achievement, health and much more!… To progress and succeed in our program, we teach kids to be A.C.E. students!… “A” stands for attendance, “C” stands for Character, and “E” stands for effort! Our kids program is for students ages 4-13.
Bullying is persistent unwelcome behavior from one to another. It involves verbal and physical abuse, exclusion, isolation, being singled out, being treated differently, being shouted at, being humiliated, and much more. Who is affected? Every month in USA, 3 million children (age 5 to 13 yrs.) miss school because of bullies.
At Trinity, we use the Gracie Bully Proof Program and interweave curriculum in our
What can Brazilian Jiu Jitsu do for you and your family? Our goal is teach strong foundation of self confidence to your kids, allowing them to overcome bullies without violence. Non violent self defense techniques that uses leverage and basic control holds are taught to neutralize threats, without having to resort to PUNCHING and KICKING!
Here is a list of some benefits your child will receive just by being a part of our youth martial arts program:
–> Self Esteem
–> Personal Development
–> Life Skills
–> Academic Success
–> Focus and Concetration
–> Teamwork Skills
–> Mental and Motor Skills
–> Mental Toughness
–> Leadership Skills
–> Anger Management
–> Social Skills
–> Self Control
–> Eye Contact
… and much more
Trinity Jiu Jitsu encourages students who want to compete to inquire to join our A-Force competition team. Since we are an official affiliate of Andre Monteiro’s A-Force Association, when we compete, we will sign up under team A-Force. Some students may not be able to join the competition team right away if they are new students.
Youth Leadership Program
Our Youth Leadership program is designed to help students fulfill Trinity’s mission of developing complete martial artists inside and out- mind, body, and spirit! It is also designed as a tool to help facilitate student’s growth into leaders, both inside and outside of our gym. Our Youth leaders exemplify our A.C.E. qualities (Attendance, Character, and Effort). At Trinity, we don’t just want to develop great martial artists, but we want to develop great people!… and this is exactly where our Youth Leadership Program comes in!
Students who become part of Trinity Youth Leadership join an elite group of martial artists that become the prime examples to the rest of your gym.
How does our program work?
1. Once a student wants to take on the challenge of joining the program, they will tell parents and Sensei of their desire. NOTE 1: A child must be in an upper-age kid’s class (not the youngest class). NOTE 2: Students must be at least the rank of grey-white belt. Hence, the minimum amount of time it could take to complete the program is 10 months! NOTE 3: A student may initiate the program (completing some of the checklist) before the grey-white belt and upper class.
2. The student will be sent home with the Youth Leadership Checklist. This checklist will consist of two portions. The first half will be a list of items that the student must complete outside of the gym. The parent will facilitate this portion.
3. Once the parent has signed off on their portion of the checklist, they will bring it back to Trinity so that we can begin to complete our portion of the list.
4. Once Trinity has signed off on the student’s gym checklist, we will award the graduating student with an official Trinity Leadership Certificate and Patch (pictured on this page).
5. The student is then an official Youth Leader and joins the other Youth and Adult Leaders of Trinity Jiu Jitsu! All official Trinity Professors, Instructors, and Coaches wear the same Leadership Patch! This program is not easy, but for the kids that are up to the challenge, the reward will be great!
* Please contact Professor Rodriguez for more info or to begin this program!
Print out the page above or go to the link: Trinity Jiu Jitsu Leadership Contract List Version 1 2017